The Knowledge You Need to Set Things Right
To maximize the productivity and quality of your grain processing, you need to have the right milling, the right malt handling equipment, and the right knowledge on how to use it. If you are new to RMS or need a quick refresher, you can learn more about RMS’ equipment by watching the videos below. Or, feel free to set up a time to talk with one of our experts about your specific system.
You can reach us at (605) 368-9007.
Your RMS Brewery Mill Just Arrived On Site. What Now?
In this video, we go over how to check for shipping damage, where the stands legs and mill discharge will be located, and where to find your spare parts and care package.
- Checking for shipping damage – :10
- How different brew mill ship – :42
- Where the stands legs and mill discharge are located – 1:00
- Where the spare parts & care package are located – 1:33
A Review of the Spare Parts and Care Package Contents that Come with Your RMS Brewery Mill
In this video, we do a quick overview of some of the common contents included in the care packages sent with each RMS Brew & Distillery mill!
Getting to Know Your RMS 6×6 Single Pair Brew Mill
In this video, we take a closer look at a 6×6 Single Pair Brew Mill. Highlighted are the mill’s standard features including its 55 lb. hopper, slide gate, roll adjustment, stand, and conveyance options.
- 6×6 Single Pair Brew Mill Intro
- 55 lb. Hopper
- Manual Slide Gate
- Roll Adjustments
- Stand & Discharge Options
- Gear Drive Rolls Explained
Getting to Know Your 9×6 Single Pair & Double Pair Brew Mill
In this video, we take a closer look at the 9×6 Double Pair Brew Mill. Highlighted are the standard mill features including (2) 4″ inlet hopper ports, hopper, slide gate, roll adjustments, sample ports, remote bearing grease zerks, and discharge options.
- [00:01] Introduction to the 9×6 Mill
- [00:22] The dust-tight slide gate for convenient mill operation
- [00:47] Controlling flow and adjusting rollers
- [01:11] Adjusting your grind to get your ideal result and desired grind
- [02:01] Self-purging the bearings
- [02:27] Proper Grease Usage
- [02:46] Addressing the discharges on the mill
Setting Belt Tension and Checking Rotation on Your RMS Brew Mill
In this video, we provide a tutorial on how to verify pulley alignment, check belt tension, adjust belt tension, and check motor rotation.
- What you need to check belt tension – :18
- How to align pulleys – :45
- How to check belt tension – 1:08
- How to tension belts – 2:20
- How to verify proper motor rotation – 3:12
How to Parallel & Zero Your RMS Brew Mill
In this video, we walk you through the process of calibrating your roll positions by Paralleling & Zeroing the rolls.
- Dial stickers & pointers explained – :38
- Getting ready to parallel the rolls – 1:00
- Starting the parallel process explained – 1:38
- Starting the zeroing process explained – 3:30
- Moving the rolls into the proper crush position – 5:40
Common Reasons Brew Mill Motors Overload & Trip Out
In this video, we go over the 3 most common reasons Brew Mills motor overload & trip out.
- 3 Common Reasons Motors Over Amp on Brew Mill.
- Under Sized Discharge Conveyance.
- Over Feeding Product to The Mill.
- Over Tensioned Belts.
A MicroMill Test Grinding
In this video, we do a little test grind demo with the RMS MicroMill. Take a look at the quality grind coming from this little beast!
- 500 lbs. per hour capacity
- 1/3 HP XP Rated Motor
- 110-230V Dual Rated Motor
- 55 lb. Hopper
- Roll Adjustments
- Open Drop, Flex Auger, or Chain Disk Discharge
REQUEST A QUOTE
RMS Roller-Grinder builds and services the best mills and other mill accessories for our customer’s unique brewing or distilling applications. Whatever you are looking for, we will partner with you to deploy the best solution for your needs. RMS will ensure you receive the best and most reliable products and support. Our goal is to leave you with peace of mind by doing whatever it takes to remove the troubles and frustration from your malt handling equipment.
Interested in learning more about how RMS can help?
Let’s set up a time to talk…