Roller Mills vs. Hammer Mills
Why a Roller Mill and not a Hammer mill?
RMS manufactures roller mills, roller grinders and grist mills. From time to time a client may pose the question, “Why not hammer mills?”
Because RMS is a leader in the particle size reduction industry, we have the answers!
Roller mills are cost effective, dust free and offer a more consistent grind. Below is a list of the benefits of owning a roller mill versus a hammer mill.
BENEFITS OF A ROLLER MILL
- Roller mills are on average 30% more energy efficient than hammer mills providing our customers energy savings (KimKoch, Hammer Mills and Roller Mills, Kansas State University, May 2002)
- Roller mills do not produce heat, as hammer mills do, which is another lost source of energy
- Roller mills can process more tons per kilo watt hour saving time and energy
- Roller mills provide a more consistent grind than a hammer mill with less fines and deviation
- Roller mills produce less noise and dust pollution than a hammer mill, reducing safety hazards and chance of ignition
- Roller mills have less moisture loss of grain than the hammer mill
- Roller mills do not need air assistance to process
Want to learn more about an RMS roller mill, grinder or grist mill? Give us a call at 605.368.9007 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank You!